High altitude sickness occurs when you travel high altitude too quickly. It is caused due to low oxygen levels in the air and in your blood. It is a negative health effect caused due to high altitude, some of the symptoms are:
- Loss of appetite
- Shortness of Breath
It can be medical emergency if ignored, you can tell your guide about your uneasiness and he can take care of you.
Preventing altitude sickness
- Make sure you are drinking enough water (lukewarm water 2-3lt a Day)
- Avoid Drinking alcohol and Smoking
- Eat light food reach in calories
- Add Ginger and Garlic in your food
- Travel to low-altitude if it is possible (Talk to your guide about your condition)
- Acetazolamide to prevent and treat high altitude sickness
- Paracetamol for headaches
- Anti-sickness medication for nausea
- Diamox for high altitude sickness
Note: Our Itinerary is well planned keeping in mind about Acute mountain sickness. Our travelers don’t need to worry about it. We will have enough rest for any ascend or descend while trekking and climbing as well as the expedition.